Friday, July 4, 2008

Roman vacation

We packed in as much as we could during our 2 full days in Rome. Did a lot of food and art assessment and will conclude that despite the hustle and bustle of the big city, what it has to offer far outweighs its lack of a quaint town feel. This very short post is a precursor of what's to come later when I get back stateside and will have plenty of time to dedicate to entertaining the handful of you who actually check my blog (thanks!!!).



Pizza with pretty much everything on it.


I ordered a vegetarian pizza but spur of the moment asked for prosciutto on top. The big Italian man who took my order raised his eyebrow and gave me a weird look. While we waited for our pizza, I saw him cut up vegetables and then took a wash cloth to scrub his shoes. During this entire time he didn't wash his hands. This, to me, is the real Italian kitchen.



We're leaving the island of Capri and spending the night in the ghettos of Naples before flying back to Paris for another day. Apparently, crime is to Naples as the Mafia is to Sicily. I guess we should've planned a little better.

Happy 4th!

No comments: