Friday, November 21, 2008

garlic breath...the good kind =)

Actually, it's never good. But sometimes it's worth it.

Jon and I had dinner with our friend, Jason, who discovered a very hole-in-the-wall mom & pop dumpling house in his 'hood. And what a GEM it is! All the dumplings are made to order by a little, old lady whom I suspect is the owner's mother. If you appreciate the simplicity of pork+leek dumplings that is the hallmark of northern Chinese cuisine, Fu Man Dumpling House is the place to go. There's undeniably nothing fancy about Fu Man, especially with a name like Fu Man. But Fu Man is cheap eats and Fu Man is good eats.

We doused our dumplings with their housemade "special garlic sauce," and walked away with garlic breath...the good kind =) By the end of the meal, I wasn't sure whether I was eating the dumplings for the dumplings or for the sauce. Pure goodness!

2 comments:

turi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
turi said...

Please take me there when I come. I love hole in the walls. :)