Sunday, March 8, 2009

The best thing since sliced bread…

…is Whole Foods artisan bread! The classic French Loaf sourced from La Brea Bakery makes me weak in the knees. Piping hot, crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. The golden crust and sweet scent is, in my opinion, otherworldly. If I were down to my last two breaths, I would use one up to eat this bread. And when I make it to wherever my ancestors are after life on earth, I hope that they welcome me with freshly baked bread.

french loaf

The baker at WF offered to bake one up for me when I couldn’t find a warm loaf. Man, would it be too greedy and spoiled to ask for this every time from now on?

FrenchLoaf

The second this loaf of bread was in my hands, I was all over it. This is what it looked like by the time I got home:

IMG_4124 IMG_4126

Today was one of those fail-at-everything kind of days. Failed to buy the right curtains for the living room. Failed to find the right fabric at the fabric store to make my own curtains. Failed to find the right color to paint one living room wall in an attempt to brighten up the living room because I failed to find the right curtains to do the job. Failing bites. So I pulled into the Whole Foods on my way home for some comfort. And comfort I got. Mac and cheese and shepherd’s pie at the hot food bar. And this French bread. And I got to grind my own peanut butter. Ahhhhh. What retail therapy does for some is exactly what food therapy does for me. I went in somber and came out renewed!

No comments: