Tuesday, January 19, 2010

babymoon in Leavenworth

Jon and I wanted to take a short day trip to a quaint Bavarian town a little over 2 hours away. Our last-minute trip almost didn't happen when we couldn't find a place that would allow us to spend just one night but lucky for us, a cute B&B had a cancellation!

And since The Sound of Music is obviously the best musical of all time (says moi), this German-inspired town reminded me of how cool the von Trapp family was and how I wish I could create my own little von Trapp family of singers.






Our room at the B&B:

No TV but so glad we brought the laptop!



The cozy library in the house:

The owner made us hot chocolate while we rested before dinner.

Our room had its own entrance and porch.

This was the awesome breakfast portion of our first B&B experience.



Dinner at Cafe Mozart, a restaurant that serves German fare.


Veal schnitzel w/ spaetzle (egg noodle):

Roast duck (I'm pretty sure the only German part about this dish was the pickled red cabbage):



Captured what was left of this AMAZING jalapeno & cheddar bratwurst with fresh apple cider sauerkraut. We regretted ordering only one to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man I need to get back to the states ASAP

stu

Becky said...

Babymoons are the best! I'm glad you guys got to escape for a night! We can't wait to hear when baby arrives. :)

turi said...

We shall go back and try that beer. ;)